Family Law Paralegal
“When you invest in a woman, you create a ripple effect of change.” – Unknown
The ideal candidate will be someone who comes to work ready to bring their A-game, with a strong desire to help people. Perhaps you’re a big firm paralegal looking for a more balanced life. Perhaps you’re running a solo practitioner’s practice and really just want to be the paralegal you trained to be. Regardless, you are a healthy go-getter who understands that you being in a good place in your life is the best way to serve our clients.
Here are some more qualities about our firm and what would make a good fit.
Our firm is small but growing, so you should be adaptable. We hate micromanaging, so once trust is established, you will need to work autonomously. However, you will be part of a team, so you must be open and honest and communicate often. You have an excellent work ethic and process cases efficiently. You believe that there is a better way to do family law and enjoy the challenge of improving and innovating.
Our clients do not like going to court and they’re not interested in a pound of flesh. Rather, they want security, compassion, and advocacy. So should have the ability to problem solve and collaborate. You are a long-term thinker who isn’t rattled by last minute distractions, red herrings, and “urgent” matters. You are strategic and like to plan and prepare. You have goals and ambition, both personally and professionally. You look at the day, week, or month ahead, and you prioritize what needs to get done in order to achieve your goals.
If you’re an ideal candidate, you will thrive at our firm. You will work 9-5 hours and get paid well. You will come into a positive environment with teammates that support each other and encourage each other’s life goals. You will have found your work home away from home.
- College degree and/or paralegal degree from an accredited school
- Knowledge of Texas Rules of Civil Procedure (i.e., Service, Subpoenas, Discovery, Calendaring Deadlines)
- MUST have comprehensive knowledge of and experience in family law matters
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Pass background check and drug test
- Pass interview and quizzes that will be given
- Personality fit with the team
- General paralegal duties and back–up office administration
- Drafting pleadings, motions, discovery requests/responses, subpoenas, notices, etc.
- Maintaining calendar, deadlines, and reminders for the team
- Maintaining files, opening files, closing files, copying, scanning, etc.
- Communicating professionally with clients, attorneys, judges, etc.
- Litigation and mediation preparation
- Prepare financial statements
- Prepare inventories
- Meeting billable requirements
- Networking and some rainmaking will also be expected
- Full-time position
- DOE and hours
- Base salary plus incentives
- PTO and holidays
- Recognized work-life balance
So, are you ready to apply for your dream job? Are you willing to roll up your sleeves and enjoy the practice of law? If so, then please contact us by following the instructions below. (Hint: these instructions are a test to weed out the unqualified.)
HOW DO I APPLY?
Please note that your ability and willingness to follow these instructions explicitly will play a big role in whether you will be considered for this position. Do not use the reply option on this ad. Email the following documents to the email address email@example.com, in PDF format only, with “[insert your full name, spelled backward] is your Paralegal” in the subject line:
- Resume, and
- Cover letter in 12 pt. Georgia font, containing the following in bullet-point format:
- What are you looking for in this position, financially, professionally, and personally?
- What you liked and did not like about this ad. (You can be honest; we will not hold it against you.)
- Name of one great movie you have seen or book you have read in the last twelve months, and why you liked it so much.