FAMILY LAW PARALEGAL
North Dallas Family Law firm seeks experienced paralegal.
Work with a select female clientele on a variety of family law matters, focusing on divorce with complex property issues, collaborative law and marital agreements. Leverage systems, technology, and other professionals to advocate for our clients and become a leader in the legal community. Ideal candidate enjoys networking and is goal-driven, detail-oriented, compassionate, strategic, a skilled negotiator, and can work with minimal supervision.
- Perform billable legal work that does not require a license to practice law
- Understanding that your role supports the team that supports you
- Legal tasks, such as drafting pleadings, memos, motions, decrees, and other; preparing and responding to discovery; meeting with clients to complete inventories, financial affidavits, discovery; communicating with courts, opposing counsel, and others; ensuring the attorney is prepared for mediation and court; updating the attorney on case matters; calendaring deadlines; research; being a strategic partner with the attorney on case matters
- Deliver excellent customer service and strive for excellence
- Communication – organized, excellent verbal and written communication skills with attention to detail
- Leadership – can lead, manage, and contribute to firm’s legal team
- Empathetic – comfortable working with a predominantly female client base that includes professionals, stay at home wives, mothers, millennials, and retirees
- Experienced – proven track record of success with complex property matters and high-conflict custody matters, including dealing with narcissistic personalities
- Customer service – ability to connect with clients and deliver superior customer service
- Self-directed – requires minimal supervision
- Positive attitude – adaptable, optimistic, growth mindset, learner, and open-minded
- Responsible – strong sense of personal responsibility and ownership
- Goal-oriented – desire to succeed, help others, and produce results
- Associate degree required. Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Paralegal degree and/or certification helpful but not required
- Experience with Clio helpful but not required
- Must be highly proficient with Microsoft Word and MS Office 365, including Outlook and Excel
- Knowledge of Clio and Netdocuments preferred
Compensation and Benefits:
- DOE and hours
- Competitive salary (range $40,000 – $65,000), plus incentives
- Bonuses based on performance
- Retirement plan
- Health insurance options
- Paid time off, vacation, sick days
- Remote work options
- Clients are screened to maximize enjoyment of the practice of law
- Beautiful office environment with amenities
- Convenient North Dallas location
- Winning team to support you
- Association with a prestigious, growing and innovative law firm that is committed to doing things differently to provide better outcomes for our clients
- Professional development and personal growth opportunities provided
How to Apply
If this sounds like the role you’ve been looking for, please apply by submitting the following to [email protected]:
- Cover Letter containing the following in bullet-point format:
- What are you looking for in this position financially, professionally, and personally?
- Describe how you prepare for a trip to the grocery store (whether that be physical or virtual).
- Name of one great movie you have seen or book you have read in the last year, and why you liked it so much.