Women’s Rights Lawyer
If you’re an experienced Associate Attorney who wants to be an advocate for women, protect families and help them plan for a brighter future, then look no further! We are a small but rapidly-growing boutique law firm in North Dallas seeking an attorney with 5+ years’ experience in Divorce and Family Law. While we are big enough to offer the security and professional growth opportunities you want, we are still small enough to appreciate the contribution of everyone on our team.
We believe it’s important for everyone to have a safe haven, so we have designed our newly-built office suites to make our guests feel comfortable and secure. You’ll enjoy meeting with your clients and potential new clients in a spacious, uncluttered office that has been tastefully decorated to be warm and inviting. We always strive to exceed the expectations of our clients and potential new clients – whether it’s during a consultation, while attending one of the events we host to encourage female businesses and leadership, or in our legal representation of them. We leverage current technology and software programs to ensure a better customer experience, improved communication, ease of research and drafting, and adaptability to the changing court systems.
Our ideal candidate is committed to excellence, with a strong desire to be a voice, guide and advocate for our clients. You must have the ability to handle yourself in a courtroom but be motivated to apply your creativity and problem-solving skills to find collaborative solutions that avoid the need for litigation. Because you are goal-oriented, focused and have the ability to think long-term, you are not easily rattled by last minute changes or distracted by someone else’s drama. You are strong in body, mind and spirit, value your self-worth and can be a good example to our clients. You are committed to personal and professional growth and proudly take 100% responsibility for what you say and do. You act with integrity, and value it in others.
If the following describes you, YOU may be the superstar we’re looking for:
- Demonstrates compassion and empathy towards clients
- Advocates for clients and is focused on quick settlement
- Excels at the practice of law
- Adheres to high quality professional standards
- Supports and encourages team members
- Collaborates with others to solve problems
- Seeks opportunities to build a better community and world
- Values honesty, communication, cooperation, responsiveness, courage, humor, adaptability, organization and optimism
- Meet and communicate with clients
- Devise strategies
- Draft, finalize and customize pleadings, discovery and other legal documents
- Supervise and delegate work to paralegals and other team members
- Prepare for and attend court hearings, mediations, and depositions
- Communicate with opposing counsel, court personnel and others in a professional and respectful manner while advocating for our clients
- Meet billable requirements
- Deliver excellent customer service
- Networking and rainmaking
- Other lawyerly things
This is a full-time opportunity.
- Active member of the State Bar of Texas in good standing
- Board certification preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of family law
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in family law, especially divorce
- Valid Driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Pass background check and drug test
- Pass interview and other skill testing
Compensation & Benefits
- DOE and hours
- Base salary plus incentives
- PTO and Holidays
- Recognized work-life balance
- Retirement plan and profit sharing
How to Apply
Please note that your ability and willingness to follow these instructions explicitly will play a big role in whether you will be considered for this position.
Submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org :
- Cover Letter in 12 pt. Georgia font, containing the following in bullet-point format:
- How can you deliver value to a client going through a divorce and after their divorce?
- What are you looking for in this position financially, professionally and personally?
- How do you plan and prepare for a trip to the grocery store?
- Name of one great movie you have seen or book you have read in the last year, and why you liked it so much.