“Champions rarely talk. They just perform, and the world around them talks.”
North Dallas Family Law firm seeks Managing Attorney to lead and manage a Rockstar legal team.
Our mission is to provide opportunities for women to live a better life by freeing them from pain and conflict.
Our clients are our most precious asset. They hunger for freedom and justice. They are in a situation where they feel trapped, alone, and forced to accept what’s given to them. They know a better life is possible, but they don’t know how to achieve it. They are good people looking for a Champion to help set them free.
Being a Champion does not mean we are litigious. We litigate when doing so furthers our mission. But more often than not, fighting for our clients means we give a sh!t. We don’t just administer a divorce. We help our clients plan for better lives.
Are you the Champion we are seeking?
About the role
The Managing Attorney role is a hybrid that blends management skills and legal expertise. The ideal candidate will be a family law attorney with diverse legal and life experience; a strategic, critical thinker who is as comfortable with delegation as he or she is with doing it themselves; emotionally intelligent enough to manage, lead, and coach the legal team and our clients; and prioritizes his or her own wellness as well as the team’s and the clients’ wellness.
- Responsible for framing out the expectations and milestones for each case, i.e., what work should be done by which position by what deadline
- Ensure client satisfaction and address customer service and billing issues with clients
- Provide clients with a roadmap of their case and sense of predictability for the process
- Work with the Firm Administrator to spot obstacles and head them off at the pass before they become problems, i.e., if the problem is related to a person, process, reporting error, software, etc., evaluate options, and decide what steps are needed to resolve it
- Report to the Firm Owner about progress, challenges, and future of the Firm, i.e., if additional resources are needed, areas for Firm growth and progress, assist in reviewing and analyzing reports
- Meet weekly with Administrator regarding operations, i.e., production KPI’s and trends, red flags
- Meet weekly with Legal Team regarding case reviews, strategy, and workflow
- Refine Firm case efficiency, build out case workflows, and develop SKU for each service the Firm provides
- Assist with hiring/firing and onboarding/training of Legal Team and development of metrics and KPI’s (key performance indicators)
- Delegate relevant case work to Legal Team
- Work on cases that require Managing Attorney’s skill set
- Meet billable hour requirements as well as ensure that individual and Legal Team KPI’s and goals are met
- Networking and rainmaking to bring in clients and increase yours and the Firm’s exposure in the legal community
- Ability to work with a predominantly female client base
- Ability and experience to handle complex property matters to successful resolution
- Ability and experience to handle high conflict custody matters to successful resolution
- Ability and experience to handle domestic violence and other abuse matters to successful resolution
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong litigation skills
- Team player as well as self-directed individual
- Positive attitude
- Desire to succeed and help others
- Efficient and effective at resolving nuanced and complex situations
- Adaptable, open-minded and strong sense of responsibility and ownership
- J.D. from an accredited law school
- License to practice law in Texas
- Experience with Clio helpful but not required
- Board certification helpful but not required
- Spanish or Russian speaking helpful but not required
- Competitive salary (range $105,000 – $150,000)
- Bonuses and profit-sharing
- Retirement plan
- Health insurance options
- Paid time off, vacation, sick days, maternity/paternity leave
- Work from home options
- Beautiful office environment with amenities
- Convenient North Dallas location
- Winning team to support you and the Firm
- Clients are screened to maximize enjoyment of the practice of law
- Association with a prestigious and growing firm
- Professional development and personal growth encouraged
“There are lions that lead sheep. Then there are lions that lead lions.”
If this sounds like the role you’ve been looking for, please apply by submitting the following to [email protected]:
- 1. Your resume
- 2. Cover letter in 12 pt. Georgia font, containing the following in bullet-point format:
What are you looking for in this position financially, professionally and personally?
What you liked and did not like about this ad. (You can be honest; we will not hold it against you.)
- Describe how you plan and prepare for a trip to the grocery store.
- Name of one great movie you have seen or book you have read in the last year, and why you liked it so much.