“Champions rarely talk. They just perform, and the world around them talks.”
North Dallas Family Law firm seeks Legal Assistant to contribute to a Rockstar legal team and be a Champion for our clients.
Our mission is to provide opportunities for women to live a better life by freeing them from pain and conflict.
Our clients are our most precious asset. They hunger for freedom and justice. They are in a situation where they feel trapped, alone, and forced to accept what’s given to them. They know a better life is possible, but they don’t know how to achieve it. They are good people looking for a Champion to help set them free.
Being a Champion does not mean we are litigious. We litigate when doing so furthers our mission. But more often than not, fighting for our clients means we give a sh!t. We don’t just administer a divorce. We help our clients plan for better lives.
Are you the Champion we are seeking?
About the role
The Legal Assistant role is not only a strong player but also a strong human being. He or she is driven, passionate, and motivated above and beyond winning. The ideal candidate will be an experienced legal assistant with diverse legal and life experience; a disciplined, strategic, critical thinker; emotionally intelligent; and prioritizes wellness.
- Perform billable legal work that does not require a license to practice law as well as some administrative duties
- Meeting and exceeding billable hour requirements
- Understanding that your role supports the team that supports you
- Legal tasks such as meeting with clients to complete inventories, financial affidavits, discovery; communicating with courts, opposing counsel, and others; calendaring deadlines; filing, scanning, and file maintenance; e-filing; drafting notices and basic correspondence; coordinating mediations, hearings, and other matters; sending correspondence and mail; assisting the paralegal as needed
- Administrative tasks such as answering phones and screening calls; collecting and sorting mail; calendaring appointments; creating and updating contact information in case management or contact management system
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, critical thinker and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with a predominantly female client base
- Team player as well as self-directed individual
- Positive attitude, adaptable, and open-minded
- Strong sense of responsibility and ownership
- Desire to succeed and help others
- Efficient and effective
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word and MS Office 365, including Outlook
- Associate’s degree preferred but not required
- Experience with Clio helpful but not required
- Networking and rainmaking are not required
- Spanish and Russian speaking helpful but not required
- Competitive salary (range $30,000 – $45,000)
- Bonuses based on performance
- Retirement plan
- Health insurance options
- Paid time off, vacation, sick days, maternity/paternity leave
- Work from home options
- Clients are screened to maximize the enjoyment of the practice of law
- Beautiful office environment with amenities
- Convenient North Dallas location
- Winning team to support you
- Association with a prestigious and growing firm
- Professional development and personal growth encouraged
When people ask, “What do you do?”, you say, “Whatever it takes.”
If this sounds like the role you’ve been looking for, please apply by submitting the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- 1. Your resume
- 2. Cover letter in 12 pt. Georgia font, containing the following in bullet-point format:
What are you looking for in this position financially, professionally and personally?
What you liked and did not like about this ad. (You can be honest; we will not hold it against you.)
- Describe how you plan and prepare for a trip to the grocery store.
- Name of one great movie you have seen or book you have read in the last year, and why you liked it so much.