5 Ways to Save Money in a Divorce
- You can hire one attorney to draft the paperwork, with the understanding that the attorney represents just one or neither of you.
- Use a mediator to help you and your spouse work through your issues. Visit our mediation page to learn more about the process.
- Collect and organize records or other documents for your lawyer, instead of your lawyer or the lawyer’s staff doing it.
- Prepare for meetings and phone calls by putting together a list of questions ahead of time, rather than piecemealing it over several communications.
- When you need to vent your feelings or lean on someone, rely on friends, family, or licensed therapists, rather than your attorney or their staff. Not only will this save you money, but you may get better emotional support as well.