Your Dallas divorce attorney is one of the most important partners you will ever hire, and there are many factors to consider when searching for the right attorney to take your case. Before beginning your search, it is important to take the time to identify your representative needs based on your current situation.
Find the Right Divorce Attorney for Your Case
Questions to Ask Yourself When Hiring a Divorce Attorney
The following questions can help you assess your representation needs during a divorce:
- Are you a Stay at Home Mom (a/k/a Chief Domestic Officer™) who has been out of the workforce for years?
- Are you concerned that your husband might be hiding assets?
- Are you a working mom who wants to protect her financial gains and minimize the impact of an uninvolved father?
- Are you divorcing a narcissist and facing a potentially nasty divorce?
- Is domestic violence an issue?
When you are contacting various divorce attorneys in Dallas, look for someone who has experience handling cases with similar issues to yours. More importantly, you will need someone who you can trust to give you solid advice when you aren’t necessarily thinking clearly. Your divorce attorney should be compassionate without being emotional, and he or she is your advocate without becoming blinded by your cause to the point of losing touch with reality. When you are going through a divorce, you need straightforward advice that you can trust to help you rebuild your life.
Questions to Ask Potential Divorce Attorneys
A top divorce attorney can also help you assemble the other members of your team, such as a financial advisor to help uncover assets, assist you in creating a spending plan, minimize your tax implications, and repair your credit following a divorce. Here are a few questions to ask the lawyers you interview:
- Do you specialize in divorces like mine?
- How will you charge me?
- Who will be working on my case?
- Can you provide me with a general strategy or approach?
- How flexible will you be with my work schedule and time constraints?
- What are my rights (generally)?
- Can you give me a general timeline and process for a divorce?
- What should I do to prepare for the divorce?
- What should I do to prepare for life after divorce?
There are no right or wrong answers, but these questions will help you get a feel for the attorney and what it will be like to work with him or her.
Dallas Divorce Attorney for Women
At Alexandra Geczi PLLC, Family Law, we believe in educating our clients while also providing compassionate legal representation and guidance to help you transition into life’s next chapter. Our holistic approach uses other divorce experts to empower you so that you can make the right choices to live a life you love. To learn more about our team and request your initial divorce consultation, call us today.Contact Us Now