FAMILY LAW ATTORNEY (Associate)
North Dallas family law firm seeking associate attorney with 2+ years’ experience to join legal team.
Work with a select female clientele on a variety of family law matters, focusing on divorce with complex property issues, collaborative law and marital agreements. Leverage systems, technology, and other professionals to advocate for our clients and become a leader in the legal community. Ideal candidate enjoys networking and is goal-driven, detail-oriented, compassionate, strategic, a skilled negotiator, and can work with minimal supervision.
- Handle family law matters from beginning to end, under the supervision of Managing Attorney and/or Senior Attorney
- Drafting legal documents
- Regularly meet and communicate with clients
- Devise and communicate strategies to team members and Managing Attorney
- Prepare for and attend court hearings, mediations, and depositions
- Communicate with opposing counsel, court personnel and others in a professional and respectful manner while advocating for our clients
- Deliver excellent customer service and strive for excellence
- Communication – organized, excellent verbal and written communication skills with attention to detail
- Leadership – can lead, manage, and contribute to firm’s legal team
- Empathetic – comfortable working with a predominantly female client base that includes professionals, stay at home wives, mothers, millennials, and retirees
- Customer service – ability to connect with clients and deliver superior customer service
- Self-directed – requires minimal supervision
- Positive attitude – adaptable, optimistic, growth mindset, learner, and open-minded
- Responsible – strong sense of personal responsibility and ownership
- Goal-oriented – desire to succeed, help others, and produce results
- Rainmaking – networking and rainmaking preferred and will be encouraged
- Active member of the State Bar of Texas in good standing
- Basic knowledge of family law and Texas Family Code
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in family law
- Valid Driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Pass background check and drug test
- Pass interview and other skill testing
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word and MS Office 365, including Outlook
- Knowledge of Clio and Netdocuments preferred
- Collaborative law training preferred
Compensation & Benefits
- DOE and hours
- Base salary ($55,000.00 to $85,000.00/year), plus incentives
- PTO and Holidays
- Retirement plan and profit sharing
- Health insurance options
- Recognized work-life balance
- Remote work options
- Clients are screened to maximize enjoyment of the practice of law
- Beautiful office environment with amenities
- Convenient North Dallas location
- Winning team to support you
- Association with a prestigious, growing and innovative law firm that is committed to doing things differently to provide better outcomes for our clients
- Professional development and personal growth opportunities provided
How to Apply
Please note that your ability and willingness to follow these instructions explicitly will play a big role in whether you will be considered for this position.
Submit the following to [email protected]:
- Cover Letter containing the following in bullet-point format:
- What are you looking for in this position financially, professionally, and personally?
- Describe how you prepare for a trip to the grocery store (whether that be physical or virtual).
- Name of one great movie you have seen or book you have read in the last year, and why you liked it so much.