FAMILY LAW ATTORNEY (SENIOR)
North Dallas family law firm seeking senior attorney with 7+ years’ experience to lead legal team.
Work from home options without big firm billable requirements. Work for a firm that supports women and moms and prioritizes the wellbeing of its team.
Ideal candidate is compassionate, knowledgeable, emotionally intelligent and empathetic with boundaries, team player with strong sense of personal responsibility, solutions and results oriented, adaptable, confident but not cocky, and values honesty, communication, cooperation, responsiveness, courage, humor, adaptability, organization and optimism.
- Lead legal team, which will include associate and paralegal
- Manage and work on more complex cases
- Meet and communicate with clients
- Devise and communicate strategies
- Draft, finalize and customize pleadings, discovery, and other legal documents
- Supervise and delegate work to paralegals and other team members
- Prepare for and attend court hearings, mediations, and depositions
- Communicate with opposing counsel, court personnel and others in a professional and respectful manner while advocating for our clients
- Meet billable requirements
- Deliver excellent customer service
- Networking and rainmaking
- Other lawyerly things
- Ability to work with team
- Ability to work with a predominantly female client base
- Ability and experience with complex property matters
- Ability and experience with high conflict custody matters
- Ability and experience with domestic violence and other abuse matters
- Ability to manage and direct team to maximize efficiency and customer service
- Team player as well as self-directed individual
- Positive attitude, adaptable, and open-minded
- Strong sense of responsibility and ownership
- Desire to succeed and help others
- Efficient and effective
- Experience negotiating and litigating with narcissistic personality types
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, critical thinker and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word and MS Office 365, including Outlook
Networking and rainmaking are not required but are encouraged.
- Active member of the State Bar of Texas in good standing
- Comprehensive knowledge of family law (Board certification a plus)
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in family law, especially divorce, high conflict personalities, and complex property
- Valid Driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Pass background check and drug test
- Pass interview and other skill testing
Compensation & Benefits:
- DOE and hours
- Base salary ($85,000.00 to $120,000.00 /year), plus incentives
- PTO and Holidays
- Retirement plan and profit sharing
- Recognized work-life balance
- Work from home options
- Clients are screened to maximize enjoyment of the practice of law
- Beautiful office environment with amenities
- Convenient North Dallas location
- Winning team to support you
- Association with a prestigious and growing firm
- Professional development and personal growth encouraged
How to Apply:
Please note that your ability and willingness to follow these instructions explicitly will play a big role in whether you will be considered for this position.
Submit the following to [email protected] :
- Cover Letter containing the following in bullet-point format:
- What are you looking for in this position financially, professionally, and personally?
- How do you plan and prepare for a trip to the grocery store?
- Name of one great movie you have seen or book you have read in the last year, and why you liked it so much.